- Parks & Recreation
- Youth Summer Ball
Youth Summer Ball
2023 Youth Summer Ball League
The BSPR Youth Summer Ball League focuses on FUNdamental skills, participation, and social interaction throughout practice and organized games. The BSPR sports programs are designed to provide opportunities and participation to all, regardless of skill or ability. We wish to provide youth with a FUN learning experience and the opportunity to develop lifetime leisure skills.
8-game season played May 30th thru June 30th. Possible game locations include Lions Park in Bonner Springs, Edwardsville, Turner, Lansing, & Tonganoxie.
- Registration opens: Wednesday, February 1, 2023
- Register online or call the community center at 913-422-7010
- Deadline for registration: Monday, April 10, 2023
- Late registration will be accepted with an additional $10 fee (contingent on roster availability)
|Type of Fee||First Child||4 or More|
The Youth Summer Ball League is offered to boys and girls ages 4-15 years old. Age divisions are divided according to participant’s age as of June 1, 2023.
- 4-6 year olds: Co-Rec Tee Ball
- 7-8 year olds: Boys and Girls (Machine Pitch)
- 9-10 year olds: Boys and Girls (Modified Player Pitch)
- 11-12 year olds: Boys and Girls
- 13-15 year olds: Boys and Girls
Siblings in the same age division will be placed on the same team. Teams from last year will be kept together as long as there is a parent coach and approval from the sports coordinator. Players are allowed to play up one age division. Players will play at least 2 innings by the 4th inning.
Coaches meeting: 6:00pm Monday, April 24th @ the Bonner Springs Community Center (200 E. 3rd St.)
Practice starts: Week of May 1st
Practices are 1-2 nights per week for one hour, Monday-Friday in 5:30-8:30pm timeframe. Saturday practices also possible. Practice times are determined by availability of volunteer coaches. Regularly scheduled practices end once games begin May 31st & will need to be scheduled on a case-by-case basis.