- Parks & Recreation
- Aquatic Park
- Dolphins Swim Team
Dolphins Swim Team
The Bonner Springs Dolphins Swim Team is a recreational program that will help develop athletes skills and technique while providing a fun, safe and team-oriented atmosphere. In this five week program you will see the swimmers’ development in their strokes, confidence in the water and camaraderie with other teammates. Ages 5-18. Swimmers must be able to swim the length of the pool (25 yards) on their front or back unassisted.
The coaching staff places emphasis on skill development, improving stroke mechanics, and fun! Please like our Facebook page "Dolphins Swim Team" for updates and information during the season.
The Bonner Springs Dolphin Swim Team competes in the Eastern Kansas Swim League. The League is made up of 10 teams:
- Bonner Springs (Dolphins and Lake of the Forest Swim Team)
- Piper Piranhas
- Leavenworth Riptides
- Tonganoxie Tidal Waves
- Eudora Barracudas
- Lansing Sea Lions
- DeSoto Dolphins
- Lake Quivira Catfish
- Mill Valley Otters
- Olathe Marlins
Swim Team Coach: TBA
Apply for the Dolphins Swim Team by registering Online.
Must be registered for swim team by May 28th, 2023. Please register at Bonner Springs Community Center at 200 E. 3rd Street. Proof of residence is required for the Resident Discount!
Residents $90/participant | Non-Residents $95/participant
For more information please contact Pool Staff at 913.422.7011 (during operating season May 29 - Aug 14) or the Community Center at 913.422.7010.
Group 1 - Competitive - 8-9 AM
- Swimmers in this group should be prepared to swim 1500+ meters at practice. Knowledge of lap swimming etiquette and of all 4 competitive strokes is required for this level. Recommended for ages 14 & up
Group 2 - Advanced - 8-9 AM
- Swimmers in this group should be prepared to swim 1250+ meters at practice. Basic knowledge of lap swimming etiquette and an understanding of all 4 competitive strokes is expected (swimmers are not expected to be proficient in Butterfly or backstroke). Recommended for ages 10 & up
Group 3 - Intermediate 8:50-9:50 AM
- Swimmers in this group will swim close to 1000 meters at practice and will fluctuate between swimming 25 and 50 meters at practice, eventually building up to 100s. Swimmers should be competent at backstroke and freestyle for this group. Recommended for ages 7 & up
Group 4 - Beginner 8:50 - 9:50 AM
- This is for younger swimmers who want to learn the basics of competitive swimming. Swimmers will typically only swim 25 yards at a time and will often swim only half lengths of the pool during the first week or two of practice. Recommended for ages 5-8
There is no minimum age requirement as long as they can swim the length of the pool (25 meters) on their front or back unassisted. Participants who are unable to swim 1 length of the pool can participate in practices, but are unable to compete in swim meets.
Participants 8 & under compete in 25 meter races. Participants 9 & up compete in 50 meter races.
2023 Meet Schedule - 4 Dual Meets & 1 Scrimmage
June 2nd: Bonner Springs Dolphins vs. Lake of the Forest (Scrimmage) @ Home
June 9th: Bonner/LoF Dolphins vs. Osawatomie Marlins @ Home
June 16th: Bonner/LoF Dolphins vs. Mill Valley Otters @ Home
June 23rd: Bonner/LoF Dolphins vs. Tonganoxie Tidal Waves @ Tonganoxie
June 30th: Bonner/LoF Dolphins vs. Lake Quivira Catfish @ Home
July 7th: End of season party at Bonner Springs Aquatic Park 4-7 PM. Registered participants get in free.
Warm ups start at 7:00 am
Meets start at 7:30 am