Click to Home
Go To Search
Business in Bonner Springs
Starting a Business
When establishing your business in Bonner Springs, various licenses and/or permits are required depending upon the type of business operation.

Required Permits and Licenses
Alcoholic and Cereal Malt Beverage License 
If your business will be selling cereal malt beverages or liquor, a license is required. Fees vary according to type of establishment and beverage sold.

Arcade License 
license is required for five or more amusement devices in a business. License fee is $100.

Business License
All businesses, trades, professions and occupations rendering or furnishing any services conducted or operated within the city limits of the city are required to obtain a business license. Licenses may also be obtained online.
Fees are as follows:
  • Home Occupation within the City $45 - Prorated 4/1 to 6/30 - $35, 7/1 to 9/30 - $30, 10/1 to 12/31 - $25       
  • Other businesses in the City $75 - Prorated 4/1 to 6/30 - $60, 7/1 to 9/30 - $45, 10/1 to 12/31 - $30             
  • Other businesses outside the City $85 - Prorated 4/1 to 6/30 - $70, 7/1 to 9/30 - $55, 10/1 to 12/31 - $40               
  • Renaissance Festival businesses $55

Construction Permit 
permit is required for almost any type of construction for a business.  Fees are based upon type of construction. 
  • Demolition
  • Driveway
  • Electrical
  • Fence
  • Gas or HVAC improvements
  • New structure
  • Plumbing
  • Remodeling
  • Satellite dish
  • Sidewalk

Merchant Police Permit
Required for individuals or businesses providing security services. Permit requires a $100 fee. 

Sign Permit
sign permit is required for all on-premise advertising, freestanding, projecting, wall and off-premise advertising signs and banners. Fees are based upon type and size of sign.

Property and sales tax information can be found here. 

Trash Service
The city does not provide commercial trash service. Businesses are required to contract with the refuse company of their choice.

Utility Services
Bonner Springs operates the water and wastewater utilities. Apply at City Hall, 205 E Second for service. The city franchises with Southwestern Bell Telephone (SBC), Westar Energy (electrical), Atmos Energy (gas), Time Warner Cable, and Kansas City Power and Light (electrical) to provide excellent utility services within the community. 

Wastewater Discharge Permit
A wastewater discharge permit is required for restaurants and eateries. For more information, contact (913) 667-1710.

HomeContact UsSitemapAccessibilityCopyright NoticeStaff DirectoryIntranetPowered by CivicPlus
205 E. Second St. • P.O. Box 38 • Bonner Springs, KS 66012 • Ph: (913) 422-1020                                      MobileApps Download